Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 9 - Mental Clarity

Before I forget, this is Cristi's husband, Mike. Hi. Pleased to meet you.

I've lost about 12 pounds since starting the cleanse. That really feels great. My wife is saying, "You are so skinny!" As a matter of fact, I have been a little surprised when I look in the mirror. What?!?

I remember years ago knowing a man who lost a lot of weight and kept it off. I know it was great for his health, but I liked the more portly version of him. (I don't miss portly me.)

In the last 6 weeks or so, I've done two other cleanses (Dr. Christopher's 3-day juice cleanse). Between those two cleanses, I lost about 12 pounds, too. So in the last 6 weeks, I've lost almost 25 pounds, or about 4 pounds per week (with spikes up and down).

My energy is up. I have been working out (3 days this week). I don't feel tired or slow. I actually feel a little more effective in my work outs than usual, but I noticed my heart rate was higher than normal doing the treadmill.

Now on to my reason for writing: I wanted to tell you about the mental clarity. It's remarkable. The fog is gone. Normally, I function under a cloud. It is not so much a boost in cognitive skill as it is being more decisive. Being more clear. Under normal circumstances, I weigh my decisions too long. Now, I feel this sort of freedom and elation. I am planning better, thinking things through. It's fun.

I don't know if I have felt this clear-headed since I was a teenager.

I am thinking about extending my cleanse beyond ten days. I have some writing I am planning to do next week, and I am thinking, "Wow, I wonder if this clarity will help me write better." Hmmmmmmm.

I am enjoying the clarity so much, food is not so tempting. Actually, food has not been very tempting for the whole length of my cleanse. I have been surprised by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment