Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 8 - Cruisin' Along

I forgot to mention that yesterday (Day 7) I noticed my tongue was REALLY white. I brushed my teeth several times, scrubbing my tongue and getting some of the gunk off, but then within hours it would all be back. Here's a most lovely photo so I have something to compare to when I've reached my goal. I had read that a white tongue is evidence of major detox going on, and the goal is a pink and clear tongue. I don't know if I'll make it clear to that point on this particular cleanse, but I think I will definitely see improvement. Others have said it would take them 20 days to get a nice pink tongue, but due to life circumstances, I can't go that long right now.


Today has been a "par for the course" day. I think I'm going to try the salt water again tomorrow morning even if it mostly ruins my day. After that I may try just doing the laxative tea in the morning as well as at night.

I went to the health food store to get more tea, and wouldn't you know it, they had samples galore. Even right there at the check-out they had chunks of watermelon and pineapple with toothpicks in them to easily grab. I wasn't tempted, but I still don't enjoy having to look at it and work to push out of my mind what that would taste like right now. Oh, well. I'm still a really lucky girl in not having to prepare or even smell food in my home right now. Woe isn't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment